Cocktail bitters gifts sets… What to say? I’ve never been the biggest fan of gift sets. The idea of a pre-conceived summary of a certain set of products packaged up and offered to me along with the rest of the world is slightly insulting. At least, that’s what I thought I thought. Smart gift sets, at their best, can offer not only the convenience and value of a pre-packaged gift, in their best instances they offer the producer an opportunity to share their internal logic. A good gift made by an artisan or similar small company set has something of the DNA of the producer in it. At the very least, you get a story. Ideally, you get what the producer believes is a complete tool kit. Such is the case with the Bittered Sling Gift Pack.
Bittered Sling has just introduced a Sample Pack featuring six 25 mL bottles of their signature extracts: Orange & Juniper, Grapefruit & Hops, Lem-Marrakech, Plum & Rootbeer, Moondog and Denman. They tell a story, I think, of the cosmopolitan soul of the cocktail movement, and of the history of cocktails.
- Orange & Juniper bitters is floral, bitter, sour and bright. This is a fresh addition to foods and beverages.
- Grapefruit & Hops bitters is bitter and herbaceious. Use it as you would citrus in food and drinks.
- Lem-Marrakech bitters takes you to the spice markets of Morroco. This extract offers spice and complexity.
- Plum & Rootbeer bitters is spicy, rich, everlasting and velvety. It adds depth and spice to robust food & drink.
- Moondog bitters is smokey, earthy, rich and complex and works best as a bridge between ingredients.
- Denman bitters is spicy and complex, inspired by Vancouver’s Denman Street, and adds depth to food & drink.
Handcrafted in small batches using regional ingredients in the cocktail hub of Vancouver, Bittered Sling Extracts celebrate the natural expression of quality products using a traditional method of preservation for the palate, plate and potion.
For recipe ideas using each of these bitters, visit The Meadow’s online store, or find them on the inside flap of the gift box (see, another good thing about gift packaging!) here>> Yes it’s the perfect holiday gift for the cocktail maker in you, or in your life. It’s also a powerful bartending mixology kit that reveals the nuance and adventure of the the adventure of the modern cocktail.